457(b) Retirement Plan
A 457 Plan is a Tax Deferred Retirement Plan available to employees of state and local governmental agencies, including public school employees. They are similar to 401k plans because they allow you to place a percentage of your salary into an employer-sponsored plan that helps you save for retirement. You will not have to pay taxes on what you contribute or earnings made until you withdraw the money.
- Investment options: fixed annuities, variable annuities, or mutual funds
- Flexibility: start, stop, and adjust your contributions as allowed by your employer’s plan
- Receive periodic account statements
- There’s no 10% federal penalty on interest or earnings for early withdrawal
- There’s no current federal income taxes on the money you put into the plan until it is time to take withdrawals
For further questions, call our offices at 210-949-0002 to speak with a representative.